Dennis Sandris Nielsen
Dennis Sandris Nielsen's primary fields of research include:
- Microbial behavior in complex environments.
- The association between the mammalian gut microbiome (GM), health and disease and how GM is influenced by diet, pre- and probiotics (in vivo and in vitro).
- The role of bacteriophages in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Targeted interventions to manipulate the gut microbiome (bacteriophages etc.).
- Fermented Foods (cocoa, wine, coffee, indigenous fermented foods, fermentation as flavour enhancer, fermentation as a tool to improve nutritional value).
- Rapid methods for culture-dependent and culture-independent (qPCR, high throughput sequencing) characterisation of complex microbiological communities.
- Coupling of bioinformatic and chemical/spectroscopic data using multivariate data analysis.